Friday, August 26, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Yes, I know, I disappeared.  For a while.  Like.....a year.  That's just a while, right?  Why haven't I written?  Honestly, life was just busy and new.  And busy.  I originally began this blog because I wanted to document the early years of marriage and record what I learned as I went along.  But I realized it is really hard to always talk about what you are learning as you are going through it.  Because honestly, when you are going through it, you aren't learning anything.  It's after the fact that you learn from something.  So I needed to just live.  Just live and learn and then get Loves.  Oh that's a commercial, never mind.  I also felt like the blog was headed in a direction that I did not like.  I started to feel like it was about me talking about all of my lifetime of knowledge and everything I have figured out.  Obviously I'm not a complete idiot, and I have figured out a thing or two, like don't let the clean laundry pile get taller than you.



                  But I have not figured out everything.  So I don't want have that come across like I have.

So, what will I be writing about?  Life, the things I love, and when I occasionally learn something, I will write about that too.  Lately I have really taken to DIY projects.  I will be posting a few tutorials like how to paint your countertops, repainting furniture, how to stain a deck, and different miscellaneous posts about ways we cut the corners to save a dollar.  Something I have been neglecting is doing a fair share of cooking.  I plan to dabble in that here and there, and I will be sure to keep you updated.  My drive and passion for all things thrifty, creative, and homemade is reinforced by one of my favorite passages.  Proverbs 31.  I adore the Proverbs 31 wife.  I hope and pray that one day I will be comparable to her.  I want to take the time to care for my household as it should be cared for, just as she did.  But that also means priorities.  And that means God comes before my husband, my husband comes before my projects and dreams, and my projects and dreams come before the laundry.  Ok that last one may be out of order.  I gotta work on that.  But the rest is absolutely true.  I hope you will come back and follow along. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik