Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ready and Willing!

My life has been CONSUMED with prek lately. When I'm not working on my classroom, I'm reading about teaching prek, and when I'm not doing that, I'm dreaming that I'm a failure at teaching prek. Our house is a mess because I've been so busy, and I can't remember the last time I cooked supper. I know it hasn't been this week at all. I feel guilty for letting things slide, but this prek room was one huge feat. It was literally a storage room. My garage is now FULL of prek things.


It is hard to believe the classroom still has so much in it, but it is looking awesome!  (I will post pics of it later.)  Sarah Burns and my mom have been a HUGE help.  They have both been over there several times during the week and stayed for hours.  I wouldn't have been able to get everything done without them.  I went over today and completed my hallway, door, and put in a little something extra from my mom. 
 
 
 
The quote says "We worry what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget he is someone today."  I love that quote!  It's so true. 
 
 
 
The door....(get it HOPPING into Prek....cause I'm a HARE......get it???  Hahaha.)  Anyway.  On the side is the back end of a hare hopping into the classroom.  I thought it was a cute idea.  Sarah said it was pretty cheesy, but hey, it's prek.  I'm allowed to be cheesy :)  Ignore the fact that it says "Mrs. Knowles" next to my door.  That's the teacher that retired. My name isn't up yet. The orange things are carrots with the kids' names on them :)
 
 
 
The hare statue is from my mom.  I have decided to call it "Taddle Bunny."  Whenever the kids feel like taddling on one another, I will tell them to go tell it to the Taddle Bunny.  I have a feeling if they stand there long enough and taddle to a statue, they will begin to feel pretty silly.  No more taddling for them :)
 
I'm really excited about teaching prek.  It's amazing how God has worked everything out for me to have this job.  I always told myself that if God ever placed me in prek, it would be to test my patience.  Pre-k takes SOO much patience.  I always thought I would teach 5th grade, but the Lord placed me here.  I know I will be tested to my limits and my patience will be pushed, but the Lord put me here to grow me.  James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  This verse (which, Devan, I did have to look it up to see where it was, so I will be memorizing this one.) is what I will focus on.  Don't get me wrong!!!  I'm VERY excited about teaching prek.  But I know that it is the more challenging road for me.  I like quiet work, desks, experiments, discussions, etc. which is so not prek.  But I am willing and eager to grow and learn.  The peace I have is that God put me in this job and He will see me through.  So in the meantime, I am preparing like crazy!  This will be a new adventure, and I am not going to miss the opportunity for God to use me (Thank you Devan!)  I know he can use me within the school, the county, with the parents, and hopefully as a light to the children.  I am going to be ready and willing for the challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED your post!! It's cool that you put pictures up. I'm excited to see your room. Don't listen to Sarah, your classroom door is SO cute! what a clever idea :) I'll be praying for you as you start this year and God teaches you patience. Memorize his word so when you get really frustrated at work you can just remind yourself of it! The taddle bunny is such an awesome idea!! Seriously, you're so creative which just shows you'll do great as a pre-k teacher.

    My reply to your comment on my site:

    Amanda, you have NO idea how much I do that. I especially LOVE to use the "But God I just got married, wait a year..." and especially "He hasn't apologized yet.." man! That one always gets me. I use it so much God might just laugh at me now. Even when I literally say out loud to James or someone I'm reminded in my heart of how crazy that statement is but it's so hard to get away. I don't want to make myself available because I know he'll actually use me and for some reason I feel like it'll interfere with my plans, which I think is better.

    I, too, am sick of being so selfish but I've made it this big part of me that it's becoming so daily and easy to live "ME! ME! ME!". I'm so independent and controlling and it's very difficult to let go of the reigns and have someone else take complete control. But you and me would be better off doing that.

    I love you and I'm praying for you!! YOU keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik