Sunday, August 15, 2010

Peace out, 4:45 a.m.!!!

So Adam and I have been getting up every morning (Monday-Thursday) at 4:45 a.m.  Yes, we are crazy.  We have been going to spin class.  I have been doing spin since back in November (but in the afternoon, not at 4:45 a.m.).  It was very effective at first.  I lost a good amount of inches and was feeling really good about myself.  Then before the wedding I began going twice a day because I had become a little lax with my workouts, and I needed to get in shape fast.  But now I can't tell that spin is doing that much for me.  I think my body is used to it.  I don't get sore from it anymore.  It was fun when Adam started going with me though.  We have been going really early in the morning because we like getting our workout done before the day begins cause then we don't have to worry about it later.  But it has been absolutely killing us getting up that early.  Plus, it takes away from most of our evening because we have to get in the bed so early.  We literally get off work, eat supper, do laundry, dishes, etc and go to bed.  We can't do it anymore.  Plus, I need to switch up my routine.  Spin isn't working anymore.

So we're going to start working out in the evenings.  I think it will work better.  Yeah, I'll have to work out after work, but I'm going to choose to look at it as my "de-stressing time." : )  We're going to do some walking, running, biking, and hopefully we'll find something fun and new to do.  I think it will be good bonding time for us since we'll be able to talk.  You can't talk during spin.  The music is too loud, and there's a bunch of people around.  It will be nice to have this time together at the end of the day.  If you have any suggestions on good workouts, let me know!  We're always looking for something new to do.

We had a good weekend this weekend.  Friday night we went to Zaxby's and got dinner and a birthday cake milkshake!  Ohhhhh yeah.  I really like how I went from talking about working out to a birthday cake milkshake, hahaha.  But seriously.  It's amazing.  Perfect Friday night treat.  Saturday we PAID OFF A DEBT (my engagement ring)!!!  That's a PRAISE!!  We also cleaned up the house.  Saturday night we had our middle school youth over for a little get-together.  Adam and I teach the middle school youth on Sunday nights at our church.  We had so much fun having them over.  We picked up pizzas, played some badminton, Bananagrams and Signs.  Signs is the best game ever.  PSBC, you know what I'm talking about.

Well, it's getting late, and I need some rest to get the week started off right!  Please pray for me at school.  It takes a lot of energy and patience to teach my little prek kids!  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik