Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easy Breakfast Cake

Happy Saturday :)  I didn't get much sleep last night.  Heidi (our dog) apparently knew that there was a storm headed this way, so she was up in the bed with us and refused to let us get any sleep.  I was up almost every hour (Is baby head down now?  Cause I'm always "goin"!).  Our weather alert radio went off at 5:30 to let us know that there was a tornado watch, and from that point on, sleep was just not happening.  The baby was constantly moving (which I can't say that I mind), and I was waiting on the sound of thunder.  I finally got up a few hours later and left Adam (and Heidi) to sleep since he was finally able to doze off. 

I love how quiet the house is on Saturday mornings.  The rain on the window made everything so peaceful.  I decided that I wanted to cook up a yummy breakfast.  I had some sort of coffee cake on the brain since I figured I probably had the ingredients on hand.  I did some searching and finally found this one here.  I followed it but adjusted the baking time from 20 minutes to 35 minutes since mine wasn't done.
If you would like to make it, here is what you will need.

2 eggs, 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 and 1/2 cups of milk (I used skim), 3 cups of flour (I used King Arthur's white whole wheat flour), 4 tsp baking powder, a pinch of salt, 4 Tbsp vegetable oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  I didn't measure the brown sugar or cinnamon.  It is used to sprinkle as a topping.  (Not pictured: butter)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Put the eggs, sugar, milk, flour, baking powder and salt into the mixer.  Mix ingredients together.  After ingredients are mixed, beat in vegetable oil for a minute or two. 

Spray a 9x13 pan or glass dish with non-stick spray.  Pour mixture into pan.


Generously top with brown sugar, cinnamon, and pats of butter.


 Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until cooked through.


Pour yourself a cup of coffee, wake up your hubby, and enjoy!



Happy Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik