Thursday, January 12, 2012

23 and 24 Weeks Pregnant!

Man, I am getting bad about doing these pregnancy updates on time!  I blame my husband.  He got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas, which I LOVE!    So it seems like such a hassle now to get my laptop out since I have that convenient little thing.  I would just update from my Kindle, but unfortunately Blogger doesn't really work on the Kindle Fire.  Not sure why.  I hope that will be fixed in the near future. 

I have had some new symptoms in the past couple weeks.  They have not been fun AT ALL.  These new symptoms have been the least welcomed so far.  I began getting heartburn a couple weeks ago.  Just short bursts of it here and there.  The other night I had it really bad.  I chugged milk, downed 3-4 Tums, sat up instead of laying down, slept with a million pillows to keep myself propped up, and nothing was helping.  It was misery.  Since that night, I have had more of it.  So not fun.  But, it must mean that our little boy has a head full of hair!  That's what I hear anyway.

Second new symptom is leg cramps.  Oh my goodness.  Wow.  I have been awakened a few times in the past couple weeks to one of my legs starting to cramp up.  I can usually move it a certain way and get the cramp to hold off.  But not last night.  Last night I woke up to a full blown calf muscle cramp. I was screaming.  It was the most horrible pain.  Adam tried to massage it, but it only hurt worse.  I had to get up and put my weight on it and try to walk it out.  It was so sore this morning that I could barely walk.  I thought I was going to have to call into work because I just couldn't get there.  I eventually made it though.  That calf muscle is still sore.  I have had many facebook friends who have told me that they had this same issue when they were pregnant.  I have actually been eating bananas lately, maybe I just need to eat more of them?  I have also been doing really well on my water intake.  I have never been good at drinking water, but I have just been so thirsty the past several weeks that drinking water hasn't been a problem. 

Our little boy has been kicking a lot lately!  I know I say that every time, but it just keeps getting to be more and more!  He has been doing some really big movements lately.  I used to only be able to feel him when I was sitting or laying down.  Now I can feel him moving even when I'm standing or walking.  It's crazy!  Adam and I will just sit and watch my stomach.  The baby has also given Adam some really good kicks to the hand.  We can't believe how hard he can kick already!  This boy is gonna be strong!

Here are some belly pictures.  I look ginormous in my 23 weeks picture.  It's amazing how much I have grown lately.  I have figured out that I feel better if I'm wearing black.   I feel like it's more slimming....even though I'm pregnant.  Haha. 

23 weeks pregnant.  Remember this shirt?  I wore it in my 13 weeks picture found HERE.

24 weeks pregnant.  Picture taken at work :)
Here is the latest about what's going on with our little man!

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


And here is what's going on with me!

In the past few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball.  Most women have a glucose screening test (also called a glucose challenge test or GCT) between now and 28 weeks. This test checks for gestational diabetes, a pregnancy-related high-blood-sugar condition. Untreated diabetes increases your risk of having a difficult vaginal delivery or needing a cesarean section because it causes your baby to grow too large, especially in his upper body. It also raises your baby's odds for other complications like low blood sugar right after birth. A positive result on your GCT doesn't mean you have gestational diabetes, but it does mean that you'll need to take the glucose tolerance test (GTT) to find out for sure.



Well, tomorrow is Friday.  We are having a bit of snow here tonight.  I think the main concern is black ice since the roads are wet.  We will see what happens with school!  Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik