Friday, January 13, 2012

Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie Recipe

The other night I had the worst craving for a peanut butter and banana smoothie.  I've never actually made one, but with my heartburn, it sounded really good! 


All you need to make this quick recipe is a sliced, frozen banana (or 2 depending on how much you want to make...I think I used 2), peanut butter, ice cubes, a bit of water, and a blender from the 70's. Well, your blender can be from the 2000's if you want it to. But a blender from the 70's just makes life more fun. :)




Here's what you have to do:

1.) Slice the banana and then stick it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.  Slice and then freeze.  In that order.  Have you ever tried to slice a frozen banana?  I haven't, but it sounds hard.

2.) Put the frozen banana slices, 2-3 Tbsp peanut butter, about 5-6 ice cubes, and a splash of water into the blender.  Set the blender to crush the ice first, and then blend smooth.  You may have to play with the consistency/taste to get it to your liking.  I just kept adding a bit of this and a bit of that til I got it like I wanted it.

3.)  Pour into a glass and serve!  Mine made 2 servings, or 1 big one if you are super hungry.  This smoothie is really filling, so it would be great for breakfast.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik