Sunday, October 30, 2011

13 weeks....a little bit late. 10.24.11

Well.....I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow, so nothin like waiting til the last minute to write my 13 week blog.  Oh well. :)  We have been super busy this week.  A day in this past week has gone like this.  Wake up and realize I overslept.  Get to school by 7:10 for a 7:15 parent conference.  Work all day long....inlcuding during lunch.  Leave school at 5:15.  Go home and try to switch over the laundry before sitting on the couch for 15 minutes.  Be at church by 6:00 to work on things for the Harvest of Blessings.  Work on Harvest of Blessings things until 9:00.  Go home.  Try to relax and enjoy a bit of the evening before bed.  Then I realize I have grades left to enter.  So I enter grades until 11:00.  Then I go and get in the bed.  Repeat.  That's how my week has gone.  I have just been exahusted.  Flat out exhausted. 

Here is a picture from the beginning of the week, back when I still had some energy.  I wonder if I will ever get that energy back.

The belly is definitely growing.  It's getting to be harder too.  It's strange.  It doesn't feel like my stomach at all.  It feels like I have strapped a fake stomach to my body, haha.  It's weird. 

I am still feeling the baby move.  I usually feel it right after I sneeze or when I am sitting.  It was exciting for me, but everyone (except my husband, one of my friends, and a lady I work with) thinks it's too early, and that I'm not really feeling it.  So that takes most of the excitement out of it. 

Here is what has been going on this week with me:
This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside. Birth is still months away, but you may have already started making colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that feeds your baby for the first few days after birth, before your milk starts to flow.

Here is what is going on with Baby Hare!

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

Well, of the 3 extra pounds I am carrying, I can blame the baby for an ounce!  Ha! :)  Hope y'all had a good weekend.  I am going to go rest and enjoy the rest of it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik