Monday, October 3, 2011

6 Weeks Pregnant 9.2.11

*The content of this post is from Friday, September 2, 2011.

Aliens have stolen my body.  No really.  Who is this crazy person?  I don't know her!!!  All she does is sleep and cry.  That's it.  This week has been crazy.  It has seriously been a rollercoaster to say the least.  One minute I'm great, and the next minute I'm crying over a fish or sleeping in my car. 

Just before 6 weeks (I forgot to include this in my last post), we had a fish that was sick.  Normally, I feel bad for the fish, but I go on with my day, and wait for it to die so my husband can flush it.  No big deal.  But not this day.  This day, the fish was dying.  Another fish started biting at the dying fish.  Suddenly, the dying fish was my family and my blood.  It was my brother, my mom, or my dad.  This fish was my life.  I got really upset.  Sobbing would be an understatement.  I was hysterical.  I started beating on the glass of the fish tank trying to scare the mean fish.  After beating on the tank for 5 minutes straight, the mean fish wasn't scared anymore.  So I started yelling at it.  I don't think it heard me.  This went on for over an hour.  I called my husband, and he told me to scoop the dying fish out with the net so I could put it in a cup of tank water and let it die in peace (bless him for trying to help).  But I couldn't do it.  I'm afraid of scooping fish out.  They might flop out, and I don't pick up fish off the ground.  I just don't.  So finally, I just couldn't watch it anymore.  But I couldn't take my eyes off the tank.  So I did what anyone would do.  I ran back to the bedroom, yanked the top sheet off the bed, ran back to the living room, and covered the fish tank. 
I cried the whole day that day.  I was terrified I was getting pregnancy depression.  But the next day, I realized how crazy I was.  At my doctor's appt that day, I told her what had happened.  She reassured me that my behavior was normal and that I would have more of it in the future.  Yay.  So my husband has that to look forward to.  At least he doesn't have to live it!  But don't get me wrong, I will take the craziness.  :)

I have also been extremely tired.  Extremely, very, tremendously, indefinitely.  It never goes away, but it is always at its worst right after lunch.  In-service started this week at my school.  We are just starting back because we were delayed by the tornado.  So after lunch one day,  I realized I still had about 15 minutes left on my lunch break, so I decided to take a quick power nap in my car since I was almost not functioning.  I dozed off quickly, woke up once still half asleep to crank the hot car, and went right back to sleep.  I woke up......45 minutes later!!!!  Oh my goodness.  There is no telling how many people saw me crashed out in the school parking lot.  How embarrassing.  I also woke up in a pool of drool, half of the makeup smeared off my face.  How's that for pretty?  Not one of my most attractive moments.  I quickly grabbed my purse, downed my vitamins, and stumbled back to my classroom.  I have not let myself do that again!  But I have been napping when I get home from work.  I usually feel a lot better after a nap. 

I got some more lab work done this week.  Everything is going great!  Woo hoo!  We have our first ultrasound next week!!!  Yay!!!!  We can't wait to see that heartbeat!  Maybe then we will make our pregnancy public knowledge.  I dunno though.  I'm pretty comfortable with 8 weeks.  I dunno why.  I guess because it's in the "heart" of the first trimester.  Still newly pregnant, but also not really so new.  But we'll see.  We have slowly let the news leak to a few more people.  We just can't help it!  We are so excited.  Plus I'm walking around like a psycho zombie, so people are starting to wonder.  I have had several people at school ask me, "Are you ok?"  I just tell them I'm getting back into the swing of things.  Yeah, right. 

I am definitely getting bloated this week.  I wish I could say it was the baby, but unfortunately it is bloat....and Arby's.  That is my #1 craving.  Arby's plain roast beef sandwich with Arby's sauce.  SOOOO good!  I have had it twice this week for lunch.  The fries are good too of course, but I just LOVE the sandwich right now.  It's delicious.

That's embarrassing.  Oh well, part of pregnancy.  I need to weigh myself.  My eating habits have been awful, and I have not had the energy or time this week to exercise.  I gotta get back to it!  I am SO excited about the ultrasound next week!  I will be 7 weeks next week, but I really can't wait to get to that week 8. 

And, for the baby's update! The baby is now the size of a lentil! The nose mouth, and ears are forming!  There are dark spots where the baby's nostrils and eyes will be.  There are small depressions on the side of the baby's face where the ears will be.  The baby also has small leg and arm buds! Its heart is beating between 100 and 160 beats/minute which is about double my heart rate!  I can't wait to hear that sweet sound.  Its brain, glands, muscles and bones are all forming right now! 

We can't wait to meet this little guy/girl!  (Although, we have to admit, our guess is boy, and we are going to be shocked if we are wrong!) Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Images by Freepik