Monday, October 3, 2011

7 weeks pregnant 9.12.11

*The content of this post was originally intended for Monday, September 12, 2011.  This is when I turned 7 weeks.

Well, this has been the LONGEST pregnancy week EVER.  Literally.  As you probably noticed, I thought my weeks turned over on Fridays.  I was just guessing, but thought I was spot on.  I was actually a few days behind that.  We had our ultrasound this past Thursday (September 8).  I thought I was going to turn over to 7 weeks the next day.  Instead, they dated the ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days, so that meant I wasn't 7 weeks until this past Monday (Sept 12).  So in my mind, I was 6 weeks pregnant for 10 days.  That is foreeeeever in pregnancy weeks.  Ok not quite, but it felt like it.  During the ultrasound, we got to see and hear the heartbeat! What a welcomed sound for Adam and I during such a difficult time.  Our baby was beautiful, even if we couldn't tell what we were looking at. :) 



The round cheerio (as Adam calls it) is the yolk sac.  The rest of it is the baby! 

As you know, we had a lot happen during 6 weeks pregnant.  Adam's mom tragically passed away.  I would like to do a post on her life soon (if it has not already been done by the time I put up this post).  School started, and it has kept me busy, overwhelmed, and exhausted.  I literally come in and lay down on the couch and go to sleep.  That is the end of my day.

Nausea has started this week.  If I walk around at night, I am constantly gagging.  So I have to lay flat on my back all night.  I know that doesn't sound so bad, but when you have LOADS of laundry to do, supper to cook, it stinks.

My stomach has been getting much more round.  My pants are barely fitting, so I had to buy a BeBand.  It's Target's version of the Bella Band.  It is basically a stretchy piece of fabric that holds up your pants so you can leave them unbuttoned and unzipped.  It works and makes life soooo much more comfortable. 



 
Here is baby!

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.


If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

I'm sure there is a lot I left out.  This past week has just been hazy. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  They are so greatly appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik