Wednesday, October 12, 2011

11 Weeks Pregnant! 10.10.11

Happy 11 weeks to baby! I am finally getting caught up on these pregnancy blogs.  Life has been busy as you know.  Today I am 11 weeks and 2 days.  So I'm almost back on track! :)  My energy has just been sucked dry this week.  Everyone keeps telling me things will be so much better in the 2nd trimester.  I can't wait!  I'm ready to get some things done around this house.  I'm ready to get started on cleaning out the office (soon to be nursery), actually put the clean clothes away (yes, I'm still having trouble with that), get ahead with my school work, and start cooking more regularly.  So, I need some energy! 

The baby bump continues to grow!  I hope I'm starting to look more pregnant instead of fat. 


We have an ultrasounds this week!!!!!  I can't wait!!!!!  It's for the 1st trimester screening to check for chromosomal abnormalities.  They do a finger prick on me, and then they do an ultrasound to measure the fluid in the baby's neck.  All babies in the womb have fluid in their necks, but it should be less than a certain amount.  The more fluid, the greater the chance the baby could have Down's Syndrome or another chromosomal disorder.  Of course we are praying for a healthy baby, but we know that the Lord does NOT make mistakes, and nothing is out of His control.  Whatever comes out of this ultrasound, He intended for it to be that way. We originally were not going to get this scan, but I really wanted an extra ultrasound!

Here's how baby is doing this week!  Thanks Baby Center!
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

I think it is so awesome to learn about what is going on inside of me.  I love reading about it.  I really really can't wait to start feeling this little one.  It will be awesome!  I forgot in the last post to let you know that we have scheduled the gender ultrasound!  It will be Thursday, November 17.  We will hopefully have the gender reveal party Friday, November 18!!!  I will do some posts on our preparations for the party!  Ahhh, I can't believe it!!!  Yay!!!  Also... coming up next week...........FALL BREAK!!!!!! What a nice way to spend the last week of the first trimester. Hopefully I will go back to school and into the 2nd trimester with new energy! I can only hope! :)  Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog Amanda!!! I love reading your pregnancy updates...this is SUCH an exciting time!!! I'm so happy for you & Adam!!! I hope that you can get some much needed rest on your Fall Break next week!!! So glad we can be blog friends too :) lol love you lots girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik