Tuesday, August 14, 2012

To the mothers...

This is written for the mothers of unborn babies who may stumble across my blog.  It is written for those mothers who may be considering ending the life of their sweet baby. I was prompted to write this because I read this article today.  It was posted on facebook by a friend.   


I was sobbing as I read this article.  I couldn't believe what I was reading.  I would give anything to talk to those mothers. This is for them....

I wish I could talk to you in person.  I wish I could give you a hug and invite you into my home.  I wish I could fix you a cup of hot chocolate, and let you cry, vent, whatever you needed to do.  I wish we could sit and talk for hours.  I wish I could be there for you.  But since I only have this keyboard and a brief nap time to work with, here is what I want to say to you.  

Your baby is a beautiful, wonderful, miracle...no matter how or during what season of life it got here.  Your baby is here on this earth for a purpose.  It was not an accident.  God created that beautiful baby inside of you for His glory.  God allowed this baby to be conceived.  It is not your right to take this life. This baby is not part of your body, it is its own person.  The baby growing inside of you is a human being, and has been since conception.  At days old, he has a heart that beats, separately from yours.  He has a nervous system, and soon he will be able to hear your voice if he can't already.  Your baby already loves you and is comforted by you.  He listens to you intently, studying the way you talk, the way you sing, and the way you move.  He longs to be held by you.  

I am the mother of a 3 and 1/2 month old baby boy.  I can't even put into words the love I have for my son, August.  I wish you could just feel for a moment what it feels like for your baby to be here.  That brief moment would change your whole world.  I promise you that you will feel differently about your baby once he is here.  When I was pregnant with August, I thought I loved him, because he was mine, but I didn't know him.  I didn't know he would look like a combination of my husband and my dad, and that he would smile like my grandfather; I didn't know that he would always want to be swaddled when sleeping, that he would be obsessed with his pippy (pacifier), or that he would enjoy having books read to him.  I didn't know that just walking outside with him would stop all of his tears, or that one day I wouldn't care that he used to wake me up at night.  I didn't know that he would outgrow his clothes so quickly, or that he would teethe so early.  I didn't know that my touch would put him to sleep, or that he would wake up in the mornings with a smile on his face.  I didn't know that I would scroll through pictures of him on my phone after he had gone to bed, just because I missed him. I didn't know.   

Oh, and birth!  I didn't know how I would feel about birth.  There is absolutely nothing like birth, no matter by induction, c-section, natural, however it happens.  There is nothing like it.  It is scary, yes, but there is a prize at the end of it, and nothing will overshadow that prize.  The moment your baby comes into the world, and you hear his cry, it is just amazing.  At that moment, you would do anything for him.  Anything.  Don't lose that moment.  I long for every woman to feel that moment.  That moment will be one of the best moments, if not the best moment, of your life.  No matter what.  It gives you a high that cannot be matched, and God made it that way for a reason.  Don't lose that.

I understand that you may be considering abortion because you are no longer with the father, or maybe you are, but it was just an "accident."  Your baby was not an accident.  You made a choice to have sex.  You did.  That's when you chose to have this baby.  While you may regret that decision now, killing your baby will not make that decision go away.  It won't fix your life, make things less complicated, or keep anyone from knowing.  You need to pray that God will change your heart toward this baby.  God is healer.  God is forgiveness.  He is the Almighty One.  This baby needs you.  Maybe the answer for you is adoption, I don't know. Maybe that's not the answer.  Maybe the answer is for you to love and care for your baby.  Maybe you need to pray that God will meet your financial needs or whatever the case may be so that you can raise your baby.  Pray that God will reveal to you what you should do.  Cry out to Him during this time.  He is The Almighty.  He will answer you.   

I also understand that you may be considering abortion because you were raped.  I cannot begin to imagine and do not pretend to understand the pain and hurt you are feeling right now.  I cannot fathom that.  Not only did you have to endure that, but you now carry that person's child.  I cannot imagine.  However, this baby is not that man.  This baby does not know that man.  This baby is separate from that man.  Don't hold this baby accountable for what he did.  Killing the baby will not make the pain of what happened go away.  It will not fix it or make it as if it never happened.  It will only add to your pain.  Just like that man will be held accountable one day for what he did, you will be held accountable for killing your baby.  If you can't raise this baby, somebody can.  And you would not be looked down on for that.  Someone out there wants to love your baby.  If you can't give your baby the love he needs, let someone else love him.  You want that for your child.  I know that if something happens to me, I want someone to love my baby.  And someone will.  Someone will love your baby.  Don't take that love away from him.  

I wish I could sit and type and encourage you as long as my fingers would go, but I have my own baby to take care of.  I beg you, do not go through with this abortion.  It is murder.  You will be held accountable for it.  Please spare your sweet, sweet baby.  Let someone love him if you don't think you can.  I would gladly take your baby for you.  Gladly.  If I could leave you with anything, it would be these verses.  Please consider them.  God be with you.

     Yahweh is close to all who call on Him—to all who call on Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him: He will hear their cry and save them (Psalm 145:18-19).

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)

Without faith, it is impossible to please God. For he who comes to God must believe He exists, and rewards those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)

Come to Me, all you who are weary and weighed down with heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in spirit. Indeed, you will surely find rest in Me! My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

Therefore, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things have passed away; look, new things have come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him, to enable them to fulfill the purpose for which they are called. (Romans 8:28)


2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are awesome! Thank you so much for writing this. That article you linked to happened right here in Orlando where I live. Almost every week I go out to a local abortion clinic with some other Christian women and we sidewalk counsel to the people going inside which basically means we offer them help and try to share the Gospel. You should consider getting involved in you community, God has obsiviously placed it on your heart. And I can't believe how similar our birth stories are. I was at risk for pre-eclepsia too and didn't want to be induced but was induced and it turns out I had it when I checked into the hospital too. Sadly, I had a few more complications and I ended up with HELLPS but we all made it through! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful that you are counseling women outside the abortion clinic! What an amazing ministry! I know that God will bless your work, whether you ever get to see the fruit from it or not. Thank you for doing that. God has placed this issues on my heart. You are right, I should get involved in my community. I will be praying about that. I am definitely open to it. I think the Lord would have to build me up to make me stronger, because it would be so hard for me to hold back the tears, seeing and talking to those women. I will definitely be praying about getting connected with other women, and I will be looking for God's response. I am so sorry about your HELLPS during delivery. I am so glad you and baby made it through safely! God is good! Thank you for reading and encouraging me!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik