Saturday, August 11, 2012

August is 3 months old!

August is 3 months old, and I have barely blogged at all since he has been born.  I'm already looking back, wishing I had written more during the past 3 months.  Time is flying by, and I wish it would slow down.  I already miss "newborn August," but I am also enjoying the more smiley, interactive August.  I often look back and wonder where the days have gone.  The hours in the day pass by quickly, and the weeks pass even more quickly.  Here are some random facts about August.

1. August loves diaper changes.  He does.  He gets the biggest smile every single time you lay him on the changing pad.  I always know that if he is upset, that will cheer him up.

2. August sleeps 9-10 hours a night.  I am spoiled, I know.  He goes to bed around 8 (give or take depending on what we have going on), and wakes up around 7.  You would think I would be getting a ton of sleep.  I was when he first started sleeping through the night, but now I soak up the evening hours to myself and to time with Adam, so I actually get in the bed pretty late.  I need to work on that, but mommy time is nice....even if I am spending it catching up on the laundry/cleaning up the supper dishes.

3. I rarely pump during the night.  That's TMI for some of you who aren't mommies, I know.  I'm sure it's terrible that I go that long without nursing/pumping.  I'm probably going to get mastitis or something, but once I'm in the bed, I'm out.  I don't wake up unless August does.  You nursing mommies out there, what do you/did you do?  Sleep or pump? 

4. We haven't swaddled August the past few nights.  He started waking up during the night 3-4 times/night for like 2 nights.  When I would go in to check on him, he had broken free from his Swaddle Me.  
I found him like this, out of his Swaddle Me....and he did a 180!  His head is where his feet were when I put him to bed.  And yes, I see how close that blanket is to being over his head.  Trust me, it scared me.  No more blankets for August. :)
This is completely unlike him since he has slept through the night since he was 7 weeks old.  I took him to the doctor because I thought he might have an ear infection.  No ear infection, but the doctor (well, the nurse practitioner that was there) said that he was probably too big for the Swaddle Me if he is able to get out of it.  This was sad for me because I just ordered the size large a few weeks ago, and he is already too big for it.  He has done surprisingly well without it.  I hear him moving a lot more on the monitor at night, but so far so good.
First night out of the Swaddle Me!  I put him in a sleep sack to help with the transition.  :)

5. August hasn't turned over to his belly yet (or from belly to back either).  Sometimes I wonder what's taking him so long, but I am trying not to rush him.  After all, once he starts turning over/becoming mobile, I will have a lot more to worry about.

6. August is super long.  At his 2 month doctor's appointment, he was in the 98th percentile for height.  He was 25 inches at 2 months.  No telling how long he is now. He weighs 12 pounds 11 ounces as of Monday.

7. August loves his pippy (pacifier) and Mr. Crinkles.  Mr. Crinkles is a crinkly elephant toy.  



8. August loves books.  He will sit and look at the pictures while you read.  



9.  August loves tv way more than I would like to admit.  He will turn his head and body into all sorts of contortions just so he can see the screen.  

10.  I still have trouble taking August in public by myself.  He gets some kind of weird anxiety when he doesn't know where he is or if a bunch of people are around him.  He wants me to hold him the whole time which can make things difficult.  At the grocery store, he doesn't want to be in the Moby wrap, and he doesn't want to be in his car seat in the stroller.  I have to be carrying him.  

11.  August takes 2 naps a day.  The first one is between 9 and 10 a.m., and he sleeps for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.  The second nap is around 2 p.m., and he fights me on that one.  He isn't a fan of the afternoon nap, so that nap is shorter.  

I have a ton I could write about, but it's already 12:00 a.m., and I need to get some sleep.  I have been way too tired in the morning, and I can't even blame August.  I will leave you with some adorable pictures that my good friend Samantha took of August when he was 12 weeks old (he is now 14 weeks)!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik