Thursday, September 29, 2011

Delicious Red Dill Potatoes!

So all day today I have had a really bad pickle craving.  That is so cliche I know, but it's true.  So instead of eating a jar of pickles (which I might have done if we had any), I decided to make red dill potatoes.  I saw this recipe on youtube and decided to give it a try.

Before you begin, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  First, I scrubbed and rinsed my potatoes.  Mine came in a large bag from Ingles. I just fixed 6 tonight. 


Next, I began slicing the potatoes into wedges.  If you aren't sure how to do this, it's really simple.  First take a potato and cut it in half.


Next, turn the halves upside down.  You always want to do this because it keeps the potatoes from slipping around while you are trying to cut them.  Take those halves and cut them in half.


Now you can cut those halves into slices like so.  No need to cut at an angle, just slice straight down.



They will turn out to be little wedgies.....or wedges....whichever. :)

After they were all sliced, I put them into a pan.  I probably didn't have to, but I used 2 metal pans for 6 potatoes.  I just wanted to make sure I could get them all in one layer on the pan. 

Next, I drizzled them with olive oil.  Olive oil is always better when it comes out of one of these fancy olive oil pourer things.  It makes me feel like a fancy chef. 



After drizzling a good amount of olive oil, I heavily seasonsed the potatoes with dill, salt, and pepper.


Then I tossed them around to spread the olive oil and seasonings evenly.


I hope you don't think I take so many pictures to insult your intelligence.  I'm just a pictures girl.  I have to know what it looks like at each step.  Otherwise, I assume I have done it wrong.  Next, I put them in the oven (400 degrees) for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes, I took them out, flipped them (I didn't flip each one, just kinda tossed them around) and put them back in the oven for 10 minutes.  When they came out, the were crisp around the edges and had a darker more golden appearance. 

These were SO DELICIOUS!  I really hope you'll try them.  They were so easy to make and would go with just about any meal.  Seafood, chicken, hamburgers, veggie night, eggs....pretty much anything I can think of.  My husband really liked them too.  He ate his with ketchup, and I ate mine plain.  Hope you enjoy!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik