Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.


*This post is from 8/17/11.  This is the day we found out.*

"Oh my gosh!" Those are the words I was repeating over and over again out loud as I saw this.

Pregnant test taken Wednesday 8/17/11
I thought I was.  I knew I was.  I felt different, and I just knew it.  The week before I found out, I just felt....different.  But the day before I got this result, I started having cramps.  Normal, ya know, the "I'm gonna stay in my pjs all day and eat chocolate tomorrow" kind of cramps.  But the next morning, nothing.  So I jumped up and ran to CVS.  Ok, I drove, same thing.  I looked around the store to see if I saw anyone I knew, and as soon as I verified the coast was clear, I headed to the family planning section.  I grabbed the Early Response Test that had the 3rd test for free and headed to the check out.  I saw some gummy worms on the way and decided they wanted me to eat them.  So I snatched them up too.  As I finished at the checkout, the lady told me, "Good luck."  I'm not sure what she meant by that.  So I headed home, ripped open the package, and got down to business.  I was so surprised at how quickly the line came up.  I realize it is faint, but it is oh-so-there.  There is no tilting this sucker in the light.  You can see it plain as day!  I couldn't believe it.  I really couldn't.  The day before I was convinced the way of the women was upon me.  I even prepared myself with gummy worms at the store. 

I wasn't sure what to do next.  Call Adam?  No.  He always told me he didn't want me to tell him through a text or phone call.  He wanted it to be in person.  I sat down on the couch.  I was immediately overwhelmed.  I burst into tears and began praising God.  I thanked Him for our miracle and how unworthy I was to have the gift of life inside of me.  I praised Him for His love and mercy He had shown me in blessing me with the gift of fertility.  I prayed and begged Him that He would sustain the life inside of me and allow the little baby to be healthy.  It was a beautiful and humbling moment.

After I was able to calm down, I realized I needed to come up with a creative way to tell Adam.  So I do what I always do.  I got on the internet to find some inspiration.  I immediately came across a message board where a girl wrote a poem for her husband.  I used to love writing poetry in high school, so that is what I did.  I wrote Adam a poem. 

Poem written for Adam.  At the bottom it says "Love, Baby Hare."

I then wrapped it up in some cute packaging.  I already had a cute little cloth diaper I had ordered when I saw a deal on the internet that was too good to pass up.  I put the pregnancy test in the diaper and clipped the poem to the outside of the diaper.  Then I wrapped it up and put it in a bag.


Pregnancy test, cloth diaper, and poem all ready to be wrapped up!


This is what I wrote the poem on. It is half of a piece of stationary.

Adam's present!
I gave the present to Adam when he got home for his lunch break.  He had the biggest smile.  He was very surprised as well since the day before I had been feeling like I was about to begin the monthly funk.  I thought about catching his response on camera, but figured it would give it away if he walked in the door and I had my camera all set up.  But that image is in my mind.  He was very happy.  We had a fun little lunch date at Sonic and talked about baby names and how we couldn't believe what was happening.  We prayed over our lunch and thanked God for such an amazing and wonderful blessing.  I am so excited about this new chapter in our life! We are so blessed. Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That is so exciting!

    Love your blog btw!

    Stop by for a visit if you're bored ;)

    xoxo, Mallory @ Classy Clutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mallory! I will definitely be reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik