Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Recipe: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

I have seen a lot of delicious recipes on Pinterest lately.  I decided to try this one since I had all of the ingredients on hand.  This recipe can be done with or without chocolate chips, but being a chocoholic myself, they simply could not be left out.

This recipe only uses 3 ingredients: 1 can of pumpkin (I used a 15 oz. can), 1 box of cake or quick bread mix (I used Aldi's cinammon swirl quick bread.  If you were using cake mix you could use yellow cake mix or spice cake mix.  Spice would be really good!), and 1 bag of chocolate chips (you have to like chocolate A LOT to use the whole bag, I only used 3/4 of the bag and it was plenty of chocolate). 

Aldi's quick bread mix comes with 3 different packets: the bread mix, cinnamon topping, and icing. I mixed the bread and cinnamon mix together and saved the icing for another time.  After mixing the two packets together in the mixer, I added the pumpkin.  After it was all incorporated, I added the chocolate chips.

After greasing a muffin pan, I scooped the mix into the pan.  I filled each up at least 3/4 of the way up.  I like my muffins BIG. :)


Then I baked them at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.



I ate my muffin warm with a glass of cold milk.  If you added chocolate to this recipe, trust me, you NEED a glass of milk.  The recipe actually made 15 regular sized muffins (I baked 3 more muffins after this batch).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik