Tuesday, May 1, 2012

40 Weeks and 1 Day

Today I had a doctor's appointment.  They did a non-stress test, and everything looks good.  The baby slept through most of the test and just woke up for the last couple minutes of it.  I had some Braxton Hicks contractions during the test, but they didn't really register on the monitor.  The doctor checked me and said I was 2 cm dilated and still 50% effaced, so at least I have dilated 1 cm since last week!  I was glad to hear that.  She was able to strip my membranes, and I have been feeling very crampy since then.  It was uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say it was painful.  So we'll see if that does anything!  Even if it doesn't, I'm just glad to know that I am at least starting the induction at 2 cm.

We are still on schedule for the induction tomorrow night.  They will actually put in a cervix softener when we get there, and then they will give me something to help me sleep through the night.  They won't start the Pitocin until Thursday morning.  I was a nervous wreck this morning, but now I'm getting excited.  I actually didn't sleep at all last night (I slept from 9-12:30 today), so I think that was part of why I wasn't feeling so well.  My doctor told me to take 2 Benadryl tonight to help me sleep.  I hope it knocks me out!  We are headed to eat supper with my parents, so I will talk to y'all later!

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik