Thursday, April 12, 2012

37 Weeks Pregnant! FULL TERM!

I am officially full term!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!  I can't believe the end is near!  I am SO ready!  I have had some mixed emotions lately, but overall, I am ready. 

My hormones have been RAGING lately.  I cry over just about everything.  I feel bad for Adam.  He never knows if I will be up or down on any given day.  I really am trying my best to control them.  I know hormones are not an excuse for insane behavior, but some days it is very tough to act normal!  I get anxiety when the house isn't perfectly cleaned up or when I put on a pair of pants that just fit last week but don't this week.  I also get upset just not knowing when the baby will come!  I am such a planner anyway, but not being able to plan when one of the most important days of your life will take place is super hard!  It's so weird that our lives will change forever in a day, and I don't even know what day that is!  It's crazy. 

This week I have had 2 big symptoms: swelling and PUPPS.  The swelling got so bad yesterday and the day before that it felt like my feet would burst open with every step I took.  It was nasty.  My calf muscles were also super swollen.  I kept my feet elevated for 24 hours, but the swelling was not going down.  I called the doctor yesterday, and they told me to keep my feet elevated and to keep drinking water.  They also told me to go have my blood pressure taken (apparently CVS or Walgreens will do this), and to call them back the next morning to let them know the results.  I had my school nurse check my blood pressure this morning, and she said that it was 120/74.  My blood pressure is normally 110/60....I know, I'm barely alive.  So it was slightly elevated for me.  I called my doctor's office and told them the results, and they wanted me to come in to be checked out.   At the doctor's office, my blood pressure was up to 120/80.  My doctor said that it was still ok.  My swelling is actually down some today.  We slept with the heat on last night since temperatures got down in the 30s overnight.  I woke up soaked in sweat, so I think I may have sweated a lot of the swelling out.  Gross, I know.  But I do feel better today.

PUPPS is my second symptom.  I was actually diagnosed with it last week, but it has gotten so much worse this week.  It stands for "pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy."  Yeah, that doesn't help me figure it out either.  It's basically a rash that forms on your stomach and itches like CRAZY.  It begins around your stretch marks (yes, I have been blessed with those).  But it starts as tiny little bumps that cluster together and turn red.  Then they itch and itch and itch, and pretty soon they start scarring because of all of the scratching.  I have started putting Cortizone 10 on it per my doctor's suggestion.  She also said to take a Benadryl at night to ease the itching and to help me sleep better.  I'm not a medicine girl as y'all know, but for this, I could be.  So I am going to try it.  The Cortizone helps, but it only cures the itch for about an hour at a time.  After a week, I am already just about out of a whole tube. 

I was supposed to have my 37 week doctor's appointment tomorrow, but since I went in today, she went ahead and checked the baby's heartbeat and everything.  She said he is sounding good.  She didn't check me this time since there isn't really a need.  I haven't been having any contractions, and I hadn't made any progress last time I was there.  She will be checking me at my 38 week appointment next Thursday.  Until then, I am going to be doing everything I possibly can to get this boy out.  I am planning to walk every day and just stay active and busy.  I do not want to be induced, and as you read in my 36 week update, he is a big boy!

Tomorrow is my last day at work.  I can't believe it.  It will be bittersweet for sure.  I will miss those kids so much.  I love seeing their faces everyday and hearing their stories.  Some of them just want someone to listen to them.  You can tell they aren't used to being heard.  It breaks my heart.  I know who my long-term sub is though, and she will be GREAT for those kids.  I am glad she is taking my place.  I am relieved to be able to rest, get some things done around the house, and get ready for our little boy though! 

Now for the good stuff.....pictures! 
We got the car cleaned up for the big hospital ride!  I even detailed the inside, leather conditioner and all!

My smokin hot husband washing his truck!


Easter Sunday.  Yes, I stole a watermelon and put it under my dress.

I wasn't going to allow any pictures to be taken, but I knew that once I lose this weight, I will wish I had a picture to compare my success to! :)  So there you go.

This picture is hilarious to me because someone started coming out the church door and rammed me in the elbow mid picture.  Hahaha.

Heidi has been very cuddly lately.  I think she knows life is about to change.

I like to pretend she is loving on the baby, but I think she really just wants me to herself.

Here I am in all my glory!  37 weeks pregnant!  I think he has dropped.  What do you think?

Thanks for reading!  Hopefully I will be updating on labor progression soon!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik