Thursday, April 26, 2012

39 Weeks and 3 Days

Well, I just got back from the doctor's office.  No progress has been made since last week.  Still 1 cm and 50% effaced.  I was really disappointed.  I cried when we left.  The doctor told me that she will look at dates for next week for induction and call me back later today or in the morning.  I don't want to be induced, but I also don't want to go overdue.  His size is a concern, and if we wait too long he might  have to be delivered  via c-section, which I definitely don't want.  I'm also worried that if I am induced, things won't progress quickly enough, and then I'll still have to have a c-section.  I really don't want a c-section if you can't tell.  I would be terrified.  I was supposed to have my membranes stripped today, but she couldn't get to them because he is still so high up.  That was really disappointing.  This morning I thought he might come by the weekend, but it's definitely not looking like it now.   

Last night I got 2 hours of sleep.  We got in bed around 12, and I laid awake scratching and itching until 3.  The creams apparently aren't working on the rash anymore.  Finally I got up and got on the computer.  I got sleepy around 4, so I crashed on the couch.  I soon woke up around 6 because Adam came in to see where I had gone.  I couldn't go back to sleep after that.  So I'm running on fumes today.  I'm plain exhausted.  I just changed into my pajamas, and I will hopefully get in a good nap this afternoon.  Thank you so much to those who have been praying for me and this rash.  I really appreciate having friends like y'all.  I'm gonna go lay down for a bit.  I will update if anything changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Images by Freepik