Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pregnancy Weeks 34-35

I am 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant today, so I think it's time I do another update!  I actually had an ultrasound and a doctor's appointment this week, but I will share more about that in my 36 week update which will hopefully be posted later today!  For now, I'll recap weeks 34-35!

First off, thank you so much for all of your kind and caring words after my last post.  I had so many people coming up to me at church, commenting on my facebook and blog, and giving me words of encouragement as well as lots of hugs.  That meant so much to me.  The past several weeks have been really hard.  I know some of you may be thinking, how could it be hard?  You are so close to the end of pregnancy and meeting your child!  And ya know what?  I'm trying to look at it that way!  The physical stress on my body and the hormones are just  A LOT though.  I am just ready to feel like myself, look like myself, and act like myself.  But things have definitely gotten SO much better.  I am all caught up at school.  All of my progress monitoring, grades, filing, meetings, everything is all caught up.  I have everything sitting out with specific directions (for the sub) in case I go into labor.  It feels amazing to have this done.  I can finally focus on getting things ready at home.

Sub plans ready to go!
 We had our baby shower at church the day before I turned 35 weeks.  It was amazing!  My parents' camera actually has all of the pictures from that day, so as soon as they transfer them to the computer and e-mail them to me, I will post pictures of that.  My friends Summer, Susie, and Kimberly made everything SO nice.  The theme was "vintage books".  Everything was decorated with vintage decor, and there were books everywhere.  They also had everyone bring us their favorite book in addition to whatever gift they were bringing.  I LOVED it!  What a great idea.  Now our baby is starting out with so many wonderful books, and pretty much all of them are classics!  I am so excited!  Adam and I have already been reading to him. :)  Adam read him Green Eggs and Ham, and I read him Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog (one of the funniest books ever).  It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to show you the pictures.  I have some really talented friends! :)

As far as symptoms go, heartburn, pelvic pain, and swelling have to be my main complaints.  I have been getting really bad heartburn at night.  I know for sure that tomatoes cause it with me, so I have been trying to cut those out.  My feet swell daily, even if I stay off of them.  I wake up in the morning, and they are already swollen.  So I have started sleeping with my feet propped up on 3 pillows.  It's pretty uncomfortable.  My pelvis feels like I have been riding a bike for days straight.  I think that must be him pressing down.

I am trying to think about what else to update you on, but I think most of it I will save for my 36 week blog.  I have a few blog posts coming up that I'm really excited about.  I will have my nursery blog post up soon!  I am hoping to possibly do a video tour of the nursery, so we will see if that works out.  All of the decor, bedding, and everything is done.  I'm just getting all of his things put away!  I'm also working on getting our hospital bags packed, and I will do a blog post about the things we are taking.  That may sound boring to some people, but I have found myself doing research about what to take, haha.  So if you are going to have a baby in the near future, maybe it will help you out.  Also, all you non-rookie mamas can tell me if I'm forgetting anything.  (I can go ahead and tell you that I'll probably be somewhat overpacked.  But that's ok!)  I will also update you on the nesting that has been going on around here.  I am on spring break right now, so I'm trying to soak that up and rest as much as possible, but there are still things that need to be done.  I promise I just saw Heidi's dog hair blow across the floor like a tumble weed.  Floors are still on my to-do list.  But I have been letting myself sleep in, which has been wonderful! 

I think I'm done with this update, so I will leave you with some belly pictures!  Make sure you look for my 36 week update!  I will have it posted today!  Thanks for reading. :)

34 weeks pregnant

35 weeks pregnant


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik