Wednesday, April 25, 2012

39 Weeks Pregnant!

Today I am 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Once again, still pregnant!  I have been feeling really depressed lately, like he will just never come.  I haven't been nearly as productive the last few days as I was last week.  I have been sleeping A LOT lately.  I don't sleep well at night at all, so I nap a lot during the day.  It's just so hard to get comfortable at night for some reason.  The itching has really gotten out of control, and that is part of the reason why I can't sleep.  A lot of you have asked me what PUPPS is since you haven't heard of it, and honestly I would have never heard of it either if I didn't have it.  Only 1% of pregnant women get it.  I would be that 1%.  You'll have to google it to learn more about it.  I don't know that much about it myself except that it is a constant itch accompanied by a rash that starts on your stomach and spreads all over your body (except the face, thankfully).  The only way to get rid of it is to have the baby, which is why a lot of women who get PUPPS have an induction.  Y'all know I didn't want an induction, but since having this rash, I'm definitely considering it.  The itching is unbelieveable. This is the rash a few days ago at the top of my leg.  It's gotten a lot worse since then.


I got a prescription steroid cream for it, but that tube only lasted me for 2 days.  It was $20 (including the insurance coverage), so it's pretty expensive.  I didn't find that it worked any better than Benadryl extra strength cream, so that's what I have been using.  Today I tried the Walgreen's brand of Benadryl cream, "Wal-dryl", and it seems to work about the same.  I have also tried Goldbond, and I really like the cooling sensation of that cream, but it only lasts for about 45 minutes.  The other creams last 2-3 hours.  So if you have PUPPS, that's my review of the different creams. :)  Also, hot hot showers are the WORST for pupps.  It opens up all of the pores and makes the itch super intense.  So I have to take lukewarm showers.  That's not fun. 

Tomorrow I have my 39 week doctor's appointment.  I'm really excited about it because she is going to do a membrane sweep (or "strip my membranes", however you want to say it).  Basically she is going to manually separate the amniotic sac from the uterine wall.  I'm hoping it gets things started!  Tonight I have been having a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions, and I hope they are doing something!  I can feel him pushing down every time I have one, so we'll see what she says tomorrow.  Maybe I have made some more progress. I wanted to go ahead and do an update tonight just in case something happens tomorrow.  I kind of have my hopes up that I will have him this weekend.  I will probably do an update again tomorrow after the appointment if there is any news.  Here we are at 39 weeks!


I do have a praise to share.  I was dreading going to bed last night because I just can't sleep at night.  So I prayed that God would comfort me and help me to rest.  I slept for 8 hours last night and was only awakened 1 time to use the bathroom!  It was amazing.  I usually wake up scratching, applying more cream, going to the bathroom 5 times, tossing and turning, etc.  But last night He blessed me with rest, and it was wonderful.  I can't remember the last time I slept that long.  I am hoping tonight will be the same.  Y'all have a great night!  Hopefully there will be some news soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik