Thursday, April 19, 2012

38 Weeks Pregnant! Progress!

Well, here we are at 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant!  Yep, still pregnant.  I have to admit that I am pretty miserable at this point.  I have had quite a few breakdowns, and I am just ready to get this baby out!  Many of you read on facebook about my dream I had the other night.  For those of you that missed it, I will recap.

I dreamed that I had to go to the hospital for a c-section.  I went in, they put the curtain up, and took him out.  I didn't hear the baby cry, and none of the doctors said a word.  I asked what was going on and if he was ok.  Finally, without saying anything to me, one of the doctors put the baby in my arms and ran out of the room.  I looked down at my baby.  He was the size of a 2 year old, had a full set of adult teeth, jet black hair complete with a rat tail, and a skinny black mustache.  I was horrified.  I just stared at him.  All of my friends and family were in the room, so I tried to look as if I thought he was adorable.  Finally one of the doctors came back in the room, and I asked him what happened.  He said since the baby was in there for so long, he was pretty well developed.  I asked the doctor why he didn't look like Adam or me, but the doctor didn't have an answer.  Eventually the baby got out of my arms and started toddling around.  I finally woke up when Adam's alarm clock went off.  Scariest dream OF MY LIFE! 

Our precious son.

Terrifying. Well, if our 36 week ultrasound was correct, he currently weighs 8.8 pounds this week.  Yep.  However, my doctor told me that I have a normal sized pelvis, so at this point she thinks I will still be able to get him out.  However, if I make it to 41 weeks, he will be at least 10 pounds if not 10 and a half.  So that's where we aren't so sure.  I had my 38 week appointment today.  My blood pressure is slightly more elevated than last week.  It was 126/80 today.  (110/60 is normal for me.)  So it's still going up, but there is no protein in my urine, so that means that it's not preeclampsia.  So that is good.  She did check me, and I am a fingertip (about 1 cm) dilated and 50% effaced, so at least I have made some progress!  She said my body is headed in the right direction, so that's good.  Oh, and for those of you who are first time preggies that I probably freaked out a couple weeks ago, it didn't hurt this time when I got checked.  Uncomfortable and awkward, yes, but it didn't hurt.  Probably because I tried to relax more, and I had made some progress.  

As far as induction goes, I still do not want to be induced.  I want him to come naturally and for us to have that "it's time to go!" experience.  I know it's what is healthiest for me and for baby and gives me the least chance of having a c-section.  Of course, we have to think about his size though.  My doctor still says that she will induce at 39 weeks (next week!) if I want, given his size.  We are not choosing to do that though.  However, if I make it to 41 weeks, my doctor won't let me go any further than that, which is understandable especially given his size.  But, my fear is that I will make it to 41 weeks, I will get induced, and then he will be too big, and I will have to have a c-section anyway.  So that would put me with induction and a c-section.  But, if we induce earlier than that, then I have a better chance of getting him out on my own without a c-section.  So we are kind of weighing the options at this point.  We aren't going to make any decisions this week.  We are going to just give it until my 39 week appointment and then see where we are.  My doctor did say that she would do a membrane sweep next week (if you aren't sure what that is, google it) to see if we can't get labor started if it hasn't already by that time.  I wasn't going to opt for one of those, but I will take it over induction for sure.  So I am planning to have that done next week if I still have not gone into labor.

Symptoms this week have gotten more intense.  You read last week or 2 weeks ago that I was diagnosed with PUPPS.  Well, it has gotten A LOT worse.  The rash is now on my stomach, thighs, shoulders, arms, hands, and is spreading to my feet.  The itch is so intense, it just makes me miserable.  I dread showering because the shower opens up the pores and makes the itch that much worse.  I started out putting Cortizone 10 on it, and that wasn't doing much.  So I switched to Benadryl cream.  I have to apply the cream every hour to keep the itch down.  The cream comes in a very small tube, so I have been going through that stuff like mad.  It gets expensive.  I have also been taking a Benadryl orally at night to help alleviate the itching.  My doctor was hoping the Benadrly would also help me sleep, but no such luck.  I am up at least every hour now.  It has been a combination of not being able to get comfortable and going to the bathroom.  My doctor said she would prescribe me an oral steroid if I wanted, but I told her I would like to try to avoid oral medications as much as possible.  So she prescribed be a topical steroid cream instead.  So I will be picking that up today!  Hopefully it will help more than the other creams.

I have also been dealing with pain going down my left leg.  I believe it is sciatic nerve pain.  It hurts and sometimes makes walking difficult.  I can also definitely tell that the baby has dropped!  I can feel him pushing down, and it feels like he might just push himself all the way out!  It definitely gets uncomfortable, but I'm glad to know that he has "found the door," as Adam puts it.  Haha.  He is so low that I have very few shirts to wear that hide the bottom of my belly.  I'm definitely in sumo-mode, complete with waddle!

38 weeks and 3 days pregnant.

This week is my first week of maternity leave!  I decided to take maternity leave a couple weeks before his due date since I have been dealing with a lot of swelling and pain (due to swelling and back aches).  The time off has done wonders for the swelling.  For the first time in weeks, my ankles looked normal this morning.  I couldn't believe how normal they looked!  It has been really nice to be able to take this time to rest up.  I have also been able to stay on top of the laundry and keeping the house clean, so that has been nice.  I have also taken the time to do some hobbies like crafting.  I NEVER have time for hobbies.  I forgot I even had any hobbies!  I made these two wreaths yesterday.  Not sure if I will sell them or keep them. 

I also have had some time to do some baking.

And I even tried out a new hairstyle.  I just didn't straighten it.  This is the care-free, first day of maternity leave Amanda. :)

So as miserable as I am, I am trying to take the time to do things I enjoy doing.  I need to get walking this week.  I planned to start that at least last week, but I have been enjoying being lazy. :)  But now it's get the baby out time!  I am off to go enjoy the weather, so I will update y'all again soon.  Hopefully it won't be with a 39 week blog!  Enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that the every thing will be fine at the time of end.Thanks for sharing this awesome pics Pregnant Weeks


Images by Freepik