Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gender Reveal Part One!!!!!!

Thursday was the big day!  My head is still spinning from all of the excitement.  It makes everything SO real knowing what our little baby is. 

Here's how it went down.  We went to the doctor's office for the ultrasound.  We told the tech that we did not want to know the sex of the baby til later.  I gave her a card, and in the card I wrote "Boy" and "Girl" each with a colon next to it.  I told her to choose from yellow, white, and chocolate cake and to assign a flavor to each gender. 

We got some really cute pictures!  The baby was really active.  I took some advice from a few people who said they were not able to find out the gender because the baby would not cooperate.  So, they told me I should drink a coke on the way to the appointment.  I did, and that baby was movin!  The baby tried to suck its thumb, wave at us, stretched, and even did a few kicks.  It was so cute.  I felt bad for giving it a jolt of caffeine like that, but really, it was for its own good....or my good. :)  I will post pictures of cute lil baby when I feel like moving off the couch. :)

We bought a DVD of the entire ultrasound (everything that we saw...and didn't see...on the screen), and we were also given a BUNCH of pictures.  We couldn't see one of the pictures yet though, it was private.  Haha.  Get it?  Nevermind.  Just before we left, the tech told me to get a chocolate cake.  Chocolate!  Yum!  But what does it mean???

I decided I would go and buy a cake instead of making one.  It seemed less stressful that way since I still wanted to have time to make some party decorations.  I will do a separate post on DIY gender reveal party.  I went to my local publix.  They didn't have a huge selection of pre-made cakes.  But they had two smaller ones that worked out perfectly.  Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of the two of them.  They were small and round with chocolate frosting.  One had pink detailing and one had blue detailing.  Perfect! I had the baker write "boy" on the blue one and "girl" on the pink one.  That's as creative as I could get since there wasn't much room on the cakes for words. I may or may not have picked myself a little treat up to get me through the afternoon.....shhhhh!



 
We had the party at my parents' house.  My mom served chili and Brunswick stew.  I had the chili since I haven't been a BBQ fan lately.  It was delicious!   After much coercing (not).....it was finally time to CUT THE CAKE!!!

Before we cut into the cake, we passed around the card that had the color codes in it.  Adam and I did not look at the card.  We wanted everyone to announce to us the gender when we cut into the cake.  We knew the cake was chocolate on the inside, we just didn't know what the chocolate meant.  Here we are with the sealed envelope!

We used the ribbons to show what "team" we were on.  I will include how I made the ribbons in my DIY gender reveal post.  Adam and I both were on "Team Blue."  :)

Passing around the envelope....




We decided to cut into the blue cake instead of the pink one.  We just had a feeling it would make sense to cut the blue cake. :)  Ready for the big moment!



We cut the chocolate slice, and set it on the plate....and everyone was just clapping, gasping, and yelling.  We still had no idea what it was!!!  We had to ask what it was!  Finally, somebody yelled it out, but I had to see the card for myself!


It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were so excited, but not surprised.  Y'all know that I have predicted boy from the beginning!  I just knew. :)  Mommy's instinct! :) 


We are SO excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guess correctly?  My poll says that most of you were wrong!!!! :)  (And I was right.... hehe!)
We can't wait to start getting ready for this little guy!  Now onto finding the perfect name!  Go HERE to see Gender Reveal Part Two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik