Monday, November 7, 2011

Tennessee Getaway

This weekend Adam and I had a little getaway.  We have both been slammed with work and church activities lately, and we really needed to spend some time together just us.  I snagged us some tickets to the UT game (thanks to a coworker who was selling them super cheap), and I was also blessed to snag a parking pass from another coworker for a parking deck (sort of) close to the stadium.  Nope, I'm not a UT fan, but my hubby is....and I'm a hubby fan. :)  We headed up Saturday morning, checked into our motel (I also snagged us a deal off of Orbitz for an overnight stay at a Ramada), and then headed over to UT's campus.  Before the game we enjoyed some delicious food!  I had a hotdog and a giant pickle (of course!).  It was the best thing I have had this pregnancy.  Hands down. 

I love how my belly just looks like a gut in this picture...not.  Oh well.  That pickle was AMAZING.  So juicy.  So sour.  So salty. So....ok I'll stop.  But seriously.  It was insane.  Ok, I'm done now.

Here are a few pictures from our fun day.

Clearly the guy in the foreground thinks I'm an idiot. 

I'm a band geek. For life.


Is my doctor reading this?  Please say no.

Hot chocolate.  Yesssss.

Peanuts.  I know, I know.  I might make the baby allergic.  I was going to not eat these, and then I remembered that I had peanuts back when I made boiled peanuts, so I went ahead and ate them.  They were yuuuumy.

We had a really fun time.  I LOVE spending time with my husband.  He really is my best friend.  We do go through rough patches of course, but we have always been such great friends.  I truly enjoy his company.  We have the best talks.  We talked the whole way there and the whole way back.  The day after the game, we went to the mall up in Knoxville (not sure which one), and just walked around and spent time together.  He even went into some lotion and candle stores with me.  Now that's a man.  He even comforted me when I had an emotional moment.  This store was having a sale, and I was trying to figure out the cheapest way to get their free gift (must have a value of $13 or less). I only had to spend $15 to get the free item.  I broke down in tears in the store because I felt like I was spending too much money when we needed to be saving money for the baby.  He gave me a big hug and told me that I was spending our money wisely and that these were products I have been saying I needed for a long time.  What a sweetheart.  I love him. 

Testing all of the lotion scents from a that store came in handy on the drive home.  We drove past a paper mill that smelled AWFUL.  I mean....take a Heidi fluff and multiply that times 1,000.  It was bad.  So we sniffed all the tester lotions we put on our arms/hands.  Life gives you stink.....sniff your arm.


I love my husband.  I am so so thankful God has blessed me with Adam, and I will do my best every day to never take him for granted.  He is such a wonderful gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik