Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sunny Side English Muffins

This evening was a breakfast kind of evening.  I was wanting something easy, fast, salty, and easy.  :)  I browsed through a few recipes from a few websites and came up with a creation.  I actually didn't have a name for it, but Adam came up with one: "Sunny Side English Muffins."  He's pretty creative like that. 

Here's what you will need:

English muffins (whole wheat is best), turkey (you could use ham or bacon), eggs, and cheese.  How many eggs you need depends on how many sunny side english muffins you want to make.  1 egg per muffin.  Not pictured: non stick pan (you should use a muffin tin) and 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
You should definitely use a muffin pan instead of a regular pan.  (Definitely do not use a baking sheet for this! You will get egg everywhere.)  The muffin pan will hold all of your ingredients together.  That way, you don't have to back track like me. :)  My muffin pans are at my parents' house.  They were borrowed.  I can't say anything though, I have a casserole dish or two and half of my mom's tupperware collection at my house.

First, I separated the english muffins in half and placed them face up in a non-stick pan (Muffin tin for you!  You will have to kind of stuff them in the muffin pan, and that's ok.)  Next, I put a small slab of butter on each one.....


BUT.....then I realized that none of my ingredients would lay flat on the muffins if the butter was like that (think egg), so I took all of the butter off, placed it in a small dish and melted it.


Then I poured the butter over the english muffins.  I'm smart like that. :)  Next, I was going to put the turkey down, but realized that would make a slippery surface for the egg.  So instead I went ahead and cracked an egg onto each muffin.


A little bit of the egg white ran off, another reason you should use a muffin pan.  Next, I sprinkled some sharp cheddar cheese and covered the whole thing with a slice of turkey.



I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.  You can put yours in for about 5-7 minutes less if you like the egg runny.  If you are eating it on the go, obviously you should cook it for the full 20-25 minutes. 

They turned out great!  They actually stayed in tact, believe it or not.  Don't forget to pepper the eggs if that's what you like.  I forgot to do that for Adam's.  I didn't add salt because I figured the cheese would have enough (plus I'm trying to watch my sodium since I have been overboard on that lately). 


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik