Thursday, December 8, 2011

19 weeks pregnant! 12.5.11

This week has been a turning point!!!!!!!  Here are the highlights!

#1) POP GOES MY BELLY!!!!!!!!!!  That is the big news of the week.  My belly has OFFICIALLY popped!  Oh my cow.  It is so big!  There is a huge difference between this week and last week.  Check it out!


Ahhhhhhh!!!!  You mean it's going to get bigger than this?  Crazy!!!!!!

#2)  I SAW him kick!!!!!  I felt him moving from the inside, so I watched my stomach and SAW him kick!!!!!  Wow!!!  THEN.....I placed my hand on my stomach and waited a few minutes....and I FELT him with my HAND!!!!  Oh my goodness!!!!  So exciting!!! 

#3)  We finally got some baby clothes this week!  Today actually.  I will do a post on that later.  They are SO cute!  I can't wait to have a little guy to put in them! 

#4) Back pain and headaches have definitely set in.  Oh my goodness.  I really have to pace myself throughout the day, otherwise my body is SPENT.  Tennis shoes may now be a must. :(

#5)  I dunno....I was on a roll so it seemed like a good idea.  Anyway.

So yeah, big week!  And it's not over yet!  I just thought I would get this post up earlier rather than my usual later!  Here is what's going on with me this week!

Think you're big now? You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come. As a result, you may notice some achiness in your lower abdomen or even an occasional brief, stabbing pain on one or both sides — especially when you shift position or at the end of an active day. Most likely, this is round ligament pain. The ligaments that support your uterus are stretching to accommodate its increasing weight. This is nothing to be alarmed about, but call your practitioner if the pain continues even when you're resting or becomes severe.  You may be noticing some skin changes, too. Are the palms of your hands red? Nothing to worry about — it's from the extra estrogen. You may also have patches of darkened skin caused by a temporary increase in pigment. When these darker patches appear on your upper lip, cheeks, and forehead, they're called chloasma, or the "mask of pregnancy." That darkened line running from your belly button to your pubic bone is called the linea nigra, or "dark line."  These darkened spots will probably fade shortly after delivery. In the meantime, protect yourself from the sun, which intensifies the pigment changes. Cover up, wear a brimmed hat, and use sunscreen when you're outdoors. And if you're self-conscious about your "mask," a little concealing makeup can work wonders.

Ya know what?  I totally edited a sentence out of that paragraph.  It made me blush.  Here is what the baby is up to!  (Besides kicking the stew out of me right now as I type!!!)


Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.  Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

He looks awfully crammed in that picture!  I'm sure there's a lot more room in my belly....it's huge.  I mean, it has to fit a baby and about 8 cheese pizzas.  I so wish I was kidding.  I have cheese pizza pictures, but at this point, it's just plain embarrassing. :)

Before I run, I want to give a shout out to my daddy!!!!!!!  HAPPY 51st 30th BIRTHDAY, DAD!  I love you!!!!  I am proud for my son to call you Grandpa!  I hope you had a wonderful birthday! 

Have a wonderful week, y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik