Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Delicious Homemade Creamer

The other evening my father-in-law came over for supper.  We had taco salad.  It was delicious and super easy to make.  It's a good week night supper for sure.  Afterward, I made some coffee.  Adam and his dad prefer to drink it black, but I remembered a little recipe I found on Pinterest, so I wanted to try it out in my coffee (decaf only for me!).  Yes, Pinterest again.  You can find everything on that site.  I found a recipe for homemade creamer on there and decided to give it a go.  You can seriously make this stuff in about 3 minutes.  It's easy!  It's also a money saver since flavored creamers can get expensive.  This is made with stuff that you probably already have on hand.

What you need: 6 ounces of milk (we drink skim), 6 ounces of sweetened condensed milk, and  1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. 

You will need a container to put the ingredients in.  I used a mason jar since it would be easy to screw the lid on and give the creamer a good shakin.  It also looks pretty. :)

To use all of the sweetened condensed milk without wasting any, just make 2 batches of the creamer.  (Sweetened condensed milk comes in 14 oz. cans.)  That's what I did.  Or, if you have a quart sized  mason jar, you can make one large batch instead of 2 smaller ones.  I only had the smaller sized mason jars.

First, I measured out the milk.  Mason jars are also convenient because they have the measurements right on the glass. 


Next, I added the sweetened condensed milk on top of the skim milk.  Lastly, I added the vanilla extract.


Then, I gave it a good shake!  I'm pretty sure Baby Hare got a good sloshin' around during this part. :)



The creamer turns out very sweet, so a little bit goes a loooooong way!  If you want to add a little more flavor to yours other than just sweetness, you could add cinnamon, almond extract, or anything else you can think of.  As far as expiration goes, this creamer is good for as long as the milk is good.  So it might be a good idea to stick a label on it with the date or write the date on the lid with an Expo marker. 

I hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik