Sunday, December 18, 2011

30 Minute Peanut Butter Fudge

Today after church Adam and I picked up some KFC for lunch.  Man, that place is expensive.  We don't eat there often, and I'm always reminded as to why!  We always get their chicken strips, which is probably the most expensive thing there, but we only like the strips.  Oh well.  It wasn't long after lunch until I got a dessert craving.  It's really strange having my sweet tooth back.  I kind of feel like my regular non-pregnant self again.  Before pregnancy I was ALL about the sweets.  I would barely eat any of the meal so I could save up for dessert.  During pregnancy though, I have found that I would rather have seconds of the meal and no dessert....weird.  Glad to see my sweet tooth is making a come back! :)

So, of course I hopped on the ole computer and searched the internet for easy dessert recipes.  I finally came across one that looked delicious and SUPER easy.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....3 ingredient (4 if you count the water), 30 Minute Peanut Butter Fudge.  Oh yes.  I really thought it was too good to be true.  But it's not.  YAY!  This would be a great dessert to take somewhere for Christmas if you need to fix something up fast.  Here's what ya do!

You will need 1 and 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and 1 TBS of water.

Put all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl.




Next, microwave ingredients on high for 30 seconds and then stir....a lot.  If it's still not smooth after this, put it back in for another 30 seconds.  Mine was basically smooth after the first 30 seconds with lots of stirring.  Remember, you don't want to over heat it!  We all remember the great white chocolate fiasco of 2011. Read about that HERE.

It should look like this when you are finished microwaving and stirring.

Spread the mixture in a small baking dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

I spread mine a little thin.  Next time I will put it in a smaller pan so it will be thicker.  The final results were AMAZING.  This fudge is so smooth and delicious.  My husband was a big fan! 


Fudge is always best with a glass of milk!
I hope you enjoy!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik