Thursday, December 29, 2011

21/22 Weeks Pregnant and Christmas!

Wow....it has been a while since I have done a pregnancy post!  Ahh!  It has been stressing me out that I haven't updated lately, but I have had a lot going on and just haven't had the time to sit down and write.  When I first turned 21 weeks pregnant, I was very sick with a sinus infection.  I ended up missing the last day of work before Christmas break.  It was seriously one of the worst sicknesses I've ever had.  I was miserable.  So, I was living in my pajamas, and my husband was lucky if I showered.  I attempted a belly picture, but there is NO WAY I'm posting that sucker.  Nope.  It would scare my own mother if she saw it.  Some things are just better left out of blog land. :) 

Christmas came and went during 21 weeks pregnant.  It was an awesome Christmas.  I really enjoyed spending time with family and cherishing time with my husband.  I LOVE it when we are both off work together.  I really enjoy his company.  We both racked up this Christmas.  I dunno why.  We got some great stuff.  Adam got me a Kindle Fire.  I cried when I opened it.  I blame the hormones.  I really don't know what happened, but if you would like to see a reinactment of it, my brother will be happy to do it for you.  He was sitting right next to me and thought I was kidding.  Nope.  I bawled.  Then I cried about every gift after that.  Sigh.


I also (well Adam and I) got a jogging stroller from my father in law!  I was not expecting that!  But I'm sooooo thankful!  What a nice gift!  I can't wait to put it together and use it!



Yay!!!  It looks like a really nice one.  I love the orange color too.  We will easily be seen when we are out and about jogging down the road!

Another somewhat baby related gift is a video camera!  My parents got us a video camera because we didn't have one.  I'm always taking 30 second video clips on my phone.  Haha.  That wasn't going to cut it anymore.  We have a regular Canon camera that takes video, but the quality is not that great, and we don't use it that much.  This one is so small and convenient!  We love it!


We got a lot of other nice things.  I feel so undeserving of them.  I am so grateful though.  These are things we would have had to budget for, but they were given to us.  I'm truly thankful! 

Did anyone else LOVE going to church on Christmas morning?  I really enjoyed that, and it made me wish every Christmas was on a Sunday.  It meant so much to get to come together and worship Jesus and celebrate his birthday with my church family.  It really made it feel like Christmas.  I loved it. 

Now I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and this is my week off before school starts back.  I have tried to be really productive around the house.  This is my last break in school before our baby boy arrives!  I really can't believe it.  I had my first encounter with nesting last night.  It was insane.  I will do a separate post on that.  It was actually kind of scary. 

On Tuesday of this week, I had my 22 week doctor's appointment.  (I go every 4 weeks.)  I just had the usual weigh in (I've gained 13 pounds so far), blood pressure (looks great), Q&A with the doctor (which consisits of nothing because I don't know what I should be asking), and then I schedule the next appointment and leave.  On Tuesday, as I was sitting waiting for the doctor, I thought it was really hot in there.  I never get hot.  It was so hot that I had to fan myself to keep my face from getting all sweaty.  It was really strange.  I talked to the doctor for like 2 minutes and then went to leave.  As I was waiting in line to see the receptionist, I got even hotter.  Then, my arms started going numb, my face started tingling, and I got to where I couldn't breathe.  Pretty soon I started seeing black fireworks everywhere.  I quickly jumped ahead and told the receptionist that I needed to go sit down and that I was about to pass out.  She came around the counter, grabbed my arm, and put me in the closest room.  As I sat down, I couldn't even see her face because of all the black fireworks.  It was crazy.  I never actually passed out, but if I hadn't sat down, I definitely would have.  Anyone else have that happen?  I have no idea what caused it!  I wasn't hungry or anything.  The receptionist got me some water, and I sat and drank it til I felt normal again.  It was definitely scary.  I really would like to know what happened.  The doctor did come to check on me, but I was already feeling better and ready to leave.  She asked if I was ok, and I said yes.  My blood pressure was normal 5 minutes before, so I have no idea what was going on.  I hope it doesn't happen again though!

Here is my belly at 22 weeks!



Yep, there he is!  Big boy!  I feel him moving CONSTANTLY now.  I mean, all the time.  This kid likes to move it move it.  I really enjoy it.  I just can't believe how active he is.  OH!  In my last blog post, 20 weeks pregnant, I said that Adam hadn't felt him yet.  Well, that same night, just a couple hours after I posted that, Adam felt him move for the first time!  It was sooo awesome!  We were sitting there, and I got Adam to put his hand on my stomach because I knew baby was moving.  After a few minutes, baby boy kicked, and Adam and I looked at each other.  He had felt it!  He said, "Was that him?"  Well it definitely wasn't me! :)  It was a really awesome moment.  I will never forget it!  I have tried to catch him moving on camera, but this kid is smart.  Whenever he hears the little chime my phone makes when it starts recording, he immediately quits moving.  Stinker.  Maybe I'll capture a good kick soon.  I have a couple movements captured, but they are not big ones.  Just little tummy blips. 

Here is what is going on with big boy this week!


At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.



Ummmm...almost a pound?  I don't think so, Tim.  If you remember, our little boy was basically a pound by 20 weeks.  We have a chunker!  He's probably well on his way to 1 and 1/2 pounds by now.

Thank you for reading! I have a lot of posts to catch up on, so stay tuned! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik